It was just last week that I was able to pray for you. I don't know what you need, but I hope you get it. You see, I need freedom. Freedom from you and every other person that hurt me and caused speed bumps in my journey. I told God that I didn't know why he put your name on my heart, but that he would hear my cry on your behalf. Thank you for setting me free. Thank you for the trap that you thought was going to take me out. It set me up for greater. You know us black girls are resilient like that. We keep fighting. We use those darts thrown at us as energy to empower and mobilize. We lean in and make the best of a bad situation.
Dear hurt, you shined a light into the dark places of my soul and helped me to understand that only God can heal and perform surgery on those broken places. I laid in the bed and experienced rest while HE wrestled on my behalf. You allowed me to experience the unmatched love of God and prepared me to package and deliver this same love to people here on Earth. I extend that love to you.
You forced me to have a Mary heart when my world had been patterned after Martha. I sat at the feet of Jesus only when I had time, or felt like it. The divine interruption of hurt placed me in the loving arms of Jesus and I will never be the same.
I want you to know the following:
1. I love you because you helped me find myself. You pushed me closer to God. You caused me to love on my family and experience their real love in return. Everything you attempted to do against me made me stronger.
2. Please forgive me for the hatred I held in my heart against you. You did your job and thats all anyone could ask.
3. I forgive you for all of the lies you spread, the manipulation, and mind tricks that you played. I forgive you (and me) for not meeting the unrealistic standard that I set for you. I'm sorry for that. My success should have never been resting in your power. I forgive you for being you, and in that I am free to be me.
4. Thank you for setting me free. Thank you for allowing me time to incubate my ideas and run toward my purpose. Thank you for being an example for what not to do, and setting the stage for my own business. Thank you for doing what God told you to do. His timing is perfect!
5. I want you to know that I will be ok. As long as God is the greatest power, I will not be defeated. I am living and taking time to smell the roses while I can. I have divorced my fears, and I am walking boldly into my freedom.
There is no need to be concerned about me, or worry about my next move. You helped me more than you will ever know.